Oh my goodness, WE’RE PREGNANT!!!!!
Now we need ALL THE THINGS! Every fancy diaper bag with 200 compartments, every feeding contraption, sleeping mechanism, changing gadget, and of course, an AMAZING swing!
So where do I start? Duh, GOOGLE THAT!
Sound familiar? It doesn’t take long to realize there are sooo many swing-like products that all claim to make momming easier, but how on Earth do you know what to get without buying EVERYTHING?
Here’s your first reality check- each of these “swing, bouncer, jiggly” items take up space! And many of them have a lifespan of about 4-6 months (depending on when your baby starts sitting up). So DO NOT buy 4 different ones, you will be sorry! There is only so much space in your living room, and take it from me- you will quickly become inundated with giant baby items!
The most asked about item has been the Mamaroo: Is it worth the money?
The short answer- YES, it’s worth it! (affiliate link in picture below to purchase)
Let me take it back to 2015, I had B (who cried pretty much NON-STOP for the first 2 months, and then often for another 3 after that) and she loved being held, so that’s what we did to keep the sanity in our house. After 2 months of holding, she allowed about 5 “fuss free” minutes at a time in the Mamaroo (which is success for any parent who has a colicky/ fussy baby).
In 2017, my twin sister had her baby girl and she used it until she literally couldn’t anymore. ChunkaMunk played in it, napped in it, and she absolutely loved the sounds and motion.
Here we are in 2018, and our Little Man has LOVED his Mamaroo (needless to say, it definitely lasts- 3 babies AND a 2 month storage situation during our move in 2016).
Through each use (and storage), I had to wash the Mamaroo- and suprisingly, I found it very simple! There is a large zipper allowing you to take the entire cover off and wash it. I also bleached the plastic base using a cleaning rag with water and spray bleach on it (do not submerge or get the screen or cord wet).
Here are a few considerations that must be made before purchasing:
- It does not fold down. There is no “storing it under a bed” or in a small closet. It is a bit of an awkward size and shape so you need to have a place in mind to store it when it can no longer be used.
- It is not cheap. You will be spending about $225 on a new model, which is pretty expensive for all new parents.
- It only lasts about 4-6 months for most babies. (Until conditions below have been met).
- You need to buy the newborn insert separately. In order to keep your little one safe, you will also need to purchase the infant insert, $29. (Link below)
Age & weight limit For use from birth until child reaches maximum weight limit of 25 pounds or can sit up unassisted or attempts to climb out, whichever comes first.
To recap my recommendation:
- It is durable.
- It lasts a long time.
- It has different sounds and motions to soothe baby
- It gives another napping option (for those who despise their cribs)
- It is light weight (Making it relatively mobile)
- It is easy to clean.
In my opinion, the Mamaroo is worth the price- and if you’re like me- just share with your expecting friends and family to maximize it’s use!
YOU GOT THIS MAMA-“ROO”!
With Love ♥
Like what you see? Please share, like, comment, and subscribe!
NOTE: I will be sharing access to exclusive information and product offers to my subscribers ONLY! Scroll up and click FOLLOW!
Disclaimer: This website uses some affiliate links in which I may earn a small commission if products endorsed here are purchased.